Sunday, July 8, 2007

Big Test Week

Well this week has proven to be a testing one...in a good way. On Jayden's 3 week birthday he decided he wants to be like daddy and try something new...he rolled over unassisted! At first we thought it was a coincidence but he proved us wrong for the first time and did it again! Wow! Friday of this week he had a Dr's appt that went great. Jayden weighs in at 9 lbs and is 21 and a half inches long and is healthy. We found out that he is in the 25th percentile in the weight class and is in the 50th percentile in the height or length category. Promise in a couple of weeks he will be a chunk of love! But the biggest test of the week came on Friday evening, I had to come to Atlanta for work and we decided to come a couple of days early to visit Lance and Julia Black, Portia Profitt and Alex Page in Clarkesville GA. So Friday night we took our first family road trip....7hrs from Mobile to Georgia. We prepared for a tough trip but it turned out to be a smooth one. We stopped in Montgomery for Jayden's dinner then stopped again North of Atlanta for his midnight snack. We made it to Habersham safe and sound. Wow I've written too much...maybe I should treat this like a text message and short code my sentences. Any hoo....thanks for reading and stay posted.

Grace and Peace

5 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Hey you guys are very brave to take a newborn on a 7 hour trip!!! I'm glad it went good though. Missed yall at church!

Mr. Ford said...

Meat you are going to be a super dad the slide show looked great. How is Amy? You be really nice to her still make her feel like #1. A little advice from ya boy someone who has been there and hind site is 20/20 or twanky/twanky. We will be in Mobile in a couple of weeks we will fall through and see You amy and the new Summertime. Take care.

Debbie said...

Amy,
I knew God would bless you, What a beautiful little boy and so full of life he is an angel, He looks like you both a combination of your love. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Lori said...

I'm glad the road trip went well. Jayden looks so precious in the pictures. Shelly said you are coming down the second week of August. I'm looking forward to seeing you and meeting baby Jayden. Vince got moved up to Huntsville but I'll only be there a week maybe two. So I'm trying to see if it will work for me to come see you, but if not I'll see you in August. Can't wait! Love you!

Bragans said...

Meat & Amy,

Congrats! He is beautiful! I am glad you guys have a blog now! Keep the pictures coming!

Love
Joy & Trey Bragan