Thursday, February 7, 2008

One Family



I just realized that I somehow mangaged to put the slideshow up three times. As I looked at them (all three of them) I felt a really overwhelming sense of completeness as I saw my family and Demetrius' family as one. We have spent the last three Christmas' together under one roof. No Christmas Eve with yours and Christmas day with mine. What a huge relief and a sweet togetherness we have found.


It's funny because people often ask us how our families feel about our interracial marriage. I think a lot of people assume that our families couldn't possible approve, much less like (and might I say "love") one another. Praise God that we have found much acceptance and support. I really think our marriage has been a testimony of what God can do when we trust him with our lives. Along with that, comes the beautiful picture two believing families...a single representation of one new race.


For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. Ephesians 2: 14-16

1 comment:

Parks Avenue said...

Amy,
So sweet! I know that you have and will have to encounter things that I won't necessarily face because of the color of your skin (both of you). But anyone who knows you and Demetrius and Jayden couldn't help but love you! I'm so glad God has removed the blinders at least within you families so you can enjoy Him and one another the way He intended.
-annie