Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our New Normal



Wow, Jayden turned 8 months old yesterday! I have to admit that I am just now "settling in" to my new life. Each month of his life with us has brought new joys. Each month seems easier and more joyous than the one before. It has been a challenge for me to forgoe all of the good feelings one gets from being in the business world. Sometimes my new life has seemed pretty insignificant...changing diapers and playing with baby all day every day. However, I am learning more than ever that my job is incredibly significant and my consistency in Jayden's life is invaluable. I have really been embracing each moment with him (yes, friends even the middle of the night ones). Sometimes at night I hold him extra long because I know that soon he will not fit on his mother's lap. I want to cherish each prescious moment he is here with us. Thankfully I am learning to do that more and more.


My new-mother advice for any new (or old) mothers is this...hold, cuddle, kiss, rock and love your baby as much as you can. They are only babies for a season and it's a short one. I hope to take my own advice much sooner next time around!