Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I want to give a shout-out to my amazing mom (who is also one of my great friends) and my best-ever mother in law....who is like my own mom in so many ways. I love you two and am thankful that I have two incredible mom's in my life!

As my sweet friend Leslie so perfectly put it...

"Happy mother's day to all the moms..young, old, new, 'to-be', of the heart..... but a special wish to the mom's whose babies aren't here to celebrate and to those who are waiting for their turn."



I am so thankful that one of my names is "mommy." Having worked in the adoption world I have sat with many women who have longed to have "mommy" as one of their names. I am thankful that God has allowed me to experience the gift of children and I pray that all those mommies and daddies waiting for their babies will soon have an answer to their fervent prayers.

***Picture 1: Me at 22.5 weeks
***Picture 2: Our new gift at 19 wks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! dang 5 years already, you sure about that. yall just got married about a couple of years ago.

black tag diaries said...

you look so tiny in your picture! your baby bump is super cute! man, i miss you...

danielle said...

You look great Amy. I hope you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

aww, i am getting caught up on your blog! you look awesome and your post is sweet! Love you and your sweet family!

Leslie :)