Monday, September 29, 2008

A Long Distance Baby Shower

Well...last night much to my surprise Ben and Katie Nelson came in the front door with arms full of baby gifts! My first thought was that they were bringing things for the twins until Katie and LaJuan said, "Surprise...it's your baby shower!" After a second of confusion I became a little teary eyed at the thoughtfulness of our friends back "home" in Mobile. I definitely felt very much cared about and loved. We received some really cute things for Journey but even more importantly, I really enjoyed knowing that her life and her upcoming birth was being celebrated.


I want thank Morgan and Jenn White for their planning and pulling off a great surprise (and of course LaJuan for not spoiling the surprise). Thank you so much for being a great friend and for going out of your way to make sure we felt special and loved. Thank you also to everyone who was so generous in showering our little girl with pretty dresses, much needed gift cards, toys, picture frames, books and more. This means so much to us!


I am starting my 36th week and we are getting ready for the big day. At my last doctor's appointment my doctor thought Journey's heart rate sounded a little too fast so he ordered a Non Stress Test. She failed the test so I had to go downtown Orlando to the hospital for more extensive tests and an ultrasound (she is weighing 6lbs 3oz). Thankfully all was well with our little girl and the doctor and ultrasound tech both concluded that Journey is just a sleepy little baby...imagine that!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yea! I'm so glad you felt loved! You are! We are so excited about Journey's upcoming arrival!

katie said...

oh my gosh... i am crying! that is the sweetest thing - and why i miss all of y'all/them so much. you are irreplacable friends!! wish we could have gotten in on the shower - will you let me know what you need?? i would love to get you something specific that you want... we can't wait for sweet journey to get here - and to make a orlando trip! and by the way - thank you for your sweet birthday message! (i was in bible study)
miss and love you!
katie

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay! So glad you loved it! We can't wait to see pictures of her and meet her.