Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Particular, Head Strong, Strong Willed....Determined

However you want to say it...he JUST is! We have known since the first night Jayden came into our lives that he is a determined little boy who does not easily give up. I would first like to say that I am so thankful for this characteristic of his. If I would have know this about him I would not have worried when my progesterone levels were less than half of what they should have been and I was told that another miscarriage was very possible. I would secondly like to admit that I have to remind myself to appreciate it and not try to "break" him of this trait. So, since the beginning I have really focused on teaching Jayden to obey so that this God-given trait does not get out of hand and turn into defiance and disobedience.

That being said, we decided that now is the time to take his bottle away. He has been drinking everything but milk from a cup for a while now but we haven't been able to convince him that milk in a cup is not poison. To make a long story short, we took his bottle away for 5 days straight and he didn't drink milk or much of anything else for those five days! So, after many dry diaper changes Demetrius and I decided "better a hydrated baby on the bottle for way too long" than a dehydrated, gloomy little boy. So, he has his best friend bottle back and we are saving this fight for another time!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Amy I have to laugh because Brady, my second one is just the same. People are constantly trying to encourage me that his is the personality of strong leaders that can be used greatly to build the kingdom. Most days I am encouraged by that but some days I wonder if he will live that long:):)
On those days the ONLY thing that comforts me is to remind myself and God that He promised to never give me more than I could handle.
On a lighter note, I absolutely love his personality and his free spirit and his strong will. I really wouldn't want him any other way. That little Jayden is adorable.

The Farmers said...

I can't beleive how big he is getting! Hang in there! I can't wait to see pictures of number 2!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if mech told you but mom said you could try to mix a little very little strawberry or chocolate in his milk and get him to at least taste it and then slowly take away the flavor. That might work. I guess it's worth a try

Bragans said...

Amy, hang in there. I love that the Lord has created our children and given them the personality He wants them to have. We had a hard time of breaking Ella Joy from her bottle too. All in all, it isn't a big deal. He won't be 20 years old and still drinking from a bottle. He'll get it at just the right time. Can't wait to see pictures of Journey!