Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We Pulled the Plug...the Paci that is.

Today was the big day. When Jayden got up this morning I asked Demetrius, "so, when are we going to take paci (or "pass") as we call it. In an unusual act of spontaneity Demetrius says, "right now." Yesterday we talked about how we needed to get rid of it because Jayden can't say certain sounds because he does the famous "talk around" the paci. He's gotten pretty good at it but he can't say words that start with "W". We are also hoping that he won't be so orally satisfied and might eat more.

It hasn't been too bad today but he is definitely mourning the loss of his beloved friend. To give you an example of how much he loves paci...a few days ago we didn't bring one with us in the car and he said "paciiiii" 90 times. We counted. And today on the way home from the YMCA (which is like a 5 minute drive) he said it 37 times. I counted. So, as I type I can hear him crying in his room...

sad baby-paci=sad mommy and daddy.

3 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

aww, sad, but y'all are doing the right thing. I hope that baby, mommy, and daddy are not sad for much longer. Praying for a quick process!

Amy said...

it is such a symbol of him growing up and it is so very sad!!! My heart aches as I remember that time with each of my boys. Before you know it he will be 5 years old - another big milestone!!!!

danielle said...

That is going to be us as well. Jeremiah loves that thing. We just took it from him during the day so now he just gets it when he sleeps!