Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Arkansas?

Here are some pictures from my girls trip to Arkansas. I went with my 3 best friends from college and Portia's best friend from high school (Tiana, who is now officially my friend too).

We went to the botanical gardens for some amazing Christmas lights. They also had a chapel that was glass and wood beams only. The walls were glass...talk about beautiful!

Ah...to be together again. It's always so good to be with these sweet friends.

Portia and I at the airport in Little Rock. Waiting for Julia to arrive.


We stayed at Rachel's family's condo in Hot Springs. She is sporting her two little puppies in that bag. They travel with her everywhere and no one even knows they're there. They are such good puppies.

Our view from the condo.

The bath houses make Hot Springs famous. We spent about 3 hours in the "healing" waters of the QuaPaw Baths. There were four pools of HOT spring water and basically people just come and hang out in their swimsuits and enjoy the natural warmth of the waters. We felt amazing when we left there!

The average water temp of the springs is 140F. All over the city you will see steam rising out of random places. Overall, it was a great trip. But, I won't be leaving my hubby and kids behind next time. After 2 days I was more than ready for them to join us.

1 comment:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

So glad you got to go Amy.Looks like you had a blast.