Wednesday, September 9, 2009

He Cares.

I took this picture a few months ago with intentions to blog about these special shoes but time got away and I never got around to it. I had a great conversation with my friend Morgan today and was reminded about how God really cares about us. He cares about our needs and our desires. He loves to meet us there. Ok, so here's the scoop on the shoes. Each pair has its story but the principle is the same.

The realization that God provides for individual needs (not just a concept we learn when we study God as "the provider") has become quite apparent to me. It went like this, Jayden needed some new tennis shoes. He loves basketball anything. So, when I discovered these brand new basketball shoes in his exact size for $3 in the thrift store while visiting Mobile I called Demetrius and told him "God put those there for Jayden (not physically). They have little red basketballs on the tongue. They are his size and they are sitting here amongst several dozens old dirty shoes." We thanked God for loving Jayden in this way and for showing us that he knows and loves us and longs to go above our expectations.

And for those size 10 blue and white running shoes? They are the best pair of shoes I've ever put on my feet. After starting my half marathon training my ankle started to swell and D and I decided it was probably because of the shoes I was wearing. So, he keeps the kids one afternoon and sends me off to find the perfect pair of shoes on a not so ideal budget. It went like this....I got to the first shoe store and found these $100 shoes in a clearance bin. My size and under 50 bucks. On top of that one of the guys working in the store randomly gave me a 20% off coupon. I I immediately remember what happened with Jayden's shoes and was once again hit with the realization that God cares. He cared that I needed those shoes because I desired to do this half marathon. Even thinking about it now makes me feel secure knowing that he is all over the details of my life.

This is not about my incredible ability to find a sale (which I am pretty good at). It is so obvious to me that he purposed these events to remind me that he is a personal God and not some far-off deity that put the world in motion a really long time ago and left things.

Ok, last of all. Those white sandals have their own story as well. Journey started getting a blister on the top of her big toe from crawling on the hardwood so I decided she needed some shoes. Gabbie had these same shoes a few months prior and I knew they fit journey's thick feet just right. LaJuan got them at target and I asked her one day if she saw any more of those shoes when she went to Target earlier that day looking for shoes for the girls since they demolished their previous ones (including Gabbies white sandsals). She had looked for the white sandals but they didn't have any left. I was slightly disappointed but decided to go to target anyway to see if they had anything that would work. When I went to the shoe aisle there were no shoes at all that would work for her feet. So, as I was leaving I see these old boxes in the aisle that were closed up. Curious, I opened one and sure enough...the shoes in her size for $2.24.

And yes, Demetrius has wondered where and when his special shoes will arrive...

1 comment:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Very practical examples of God's faithfulness!Thanks for sharing!