Thursday, January 6, 2011

Man, this is good.

If you have a second or two (be careful you may sit on this one a while) head over to "It's Almost Naptime" and check out this post entitled: "I don't want my children to be happy."

Or, if that title doesn't snag you...try this one from the same blogger mama: "Let's go crazy in 2011" I promise this one will get you...it got me. I love her answer to the question why would you adopt. "Because I can't stand the thought of kids in orphanages." Could it be that simple. Yes, I do believe it is.

I hope and pray and hope and pray that our future includes making an orphan our son and/or daughter. I CANNOT stand the fact that there are millions (about 147 million) real live children that do not belong to anyone. No one to cry out to when they're scared or hurt. No one to pray for them when they have a bad dream. No one to feed, clothe or love them. It breaks my heart. Bad.

Honestly, I'm tired. I cannot imagine taking care of another kid or two or three. I want rest, time with my hubby, more rest, more time with the kids I have, more alone time, more money, more things, more rest, more vacation, more more more. But, I am being convinced that these things will not bring me satisfaction or joy (or rest:), nor will they bring glory to the One who calls us to "spend ourselves" on behalf of the poor.

I long to get outside of myself and engage this broken city (world) we live in. We are one step closer to that happening. It doesn't involve adopting at this point but it does involve moving to a "not so desirable" neighborhood in the heart of downtown Orlando. We are making plans and in God's perfect timing we will have unending opportunities to "love our neighbor." Gratitude fills my heart this morning ya'll. Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Love this Amy! And so thankful for your honesty in all of the things our flesh longs for!So anxious to hear all that God will do in the new neighborhood:)

MellieButterfly said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? And that heart of yours? So excited to be a part of your life and this journey that you are on. :)

MellieButterfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
These Three Kings said...

YES!!!!! Love this!! We share the same burden..may the LORD continue to break our hearts so that they look more like His!
Happy New Year!
Nicole

Missy said...

1) Thank you for the links!
2) Could your babies BE MORE STINKING GORGEOUS?? I think not.
3) I have to point you to my friend's blog - I think you will love it.
http://www.alongwayfromthethetahouse.com/

Missy said...

Oh - 4) You are in the trenches of new babyhood, girl. The baby craves will kick in later, I promise :)