Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK

If you have a minute check out this adoptive fathers thoughts as he contemplates sharing hard truths about history with his trans-racially adopted son. I've been following this Ethiopian adoption blog for a while. I have no idea who these people are but that's how the blogging world works. We can stalk random people and be inspired. Thank you whoever came up with this fabulous idea.

I would love to add my own thoughts but this guy said it much better than I could. Pretty much sums it up. Happy MLK Day...

okay...I will share some insight from my little man.

Jayden: "Me, you and Hope are the same color and Journey and Daddy are the same color."
Me: "Yep, why do you think that is?"
Jayden: "God."
Me: "Yep, why do you think He did that?"
Jayden: "Cause he likes us that way."
Me: "Do you think God likes it when people that are different colors love each other?"
Jayden: "Yeah...He does. God does like that."

Yes. He. Does.


5 comments:

danielle said...

That is awesome. How sweet of God to put that truth in his heart at such a young age!

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Love that God is working in his little heart.So thankful for the innocence of children when it comes to matters of the heart . I have a post coming soon related to this.Love you.

molly b. said...

I love this post, Amy! Thank you for sharing. BTW, your DIY cakestand is awesome!

Sarah said...

This is such a cute convo...I love the mind of little Jayden....

katie said...

i am crying! that sweet boy... he could teach so many of us a thing or two! hoping my family is as colorful as yours very soon :)
love yall
katie